What is the PCard Customer Service phone number for the PCard Office? Is there an email address?
If my PCard has been lost or stolen, who do I contact after hours, on weekends or when I am unable to reach PCard Staff?
Why is my PCard declining?
- Chip/Pin Card not activated
- Attempting to use an old card
- MCC coding on PCard - Enhancement requirement
- Merchant side declines
- Hold placed on PCard by JPMC for verification of validity on attempted transaction
Contact the PCard Customer Service at 520-626-9091 to review declines.
Are there in-classroom PCard Trainings for: PCard Policy Exam prep/policy overview and Quick Tip Trainings for Liaisons & Reconcilers?
Is Hotel Enhancement available on the PCard?
Are there any helpful tips/suggestions/notations for Hotel Enhancement?
- Traveler must review and adhere to FSM Policy 14.00 Travel
- If a credit card authorization form is required, the cardholder will only include the last 4 digits and not the three-digit security code. The cardholder will contact the hotel via phone after faxing the credit card authorization form and provide additional information verbally. Traveler should verify with the hotel all information has been provided and that hotel has this on file for the reservation.
- University Employee must present a personal form of payment (i.e. personal credit card) at time of check-in at hotel for all incidentals.
- Object Codes to be used transaction(s):
6142 – Travel-In State Hotel
6242 – Travel-Out of State Hotel
6342 – Travel-Foreign Hotel
Is there any specific way to reconciler Transactions to Foreign Merchants where there is an International (Processor) Fee of 1.5% within the total?
In response to the new 1.5% international fee that is being assessed on PCard transactions with foreign merchants, Financial Services has created a new object code: 5535 - Purchasing Card Fees. The new code is necessary to track these nontaxable PCard fees. Currently, these nontaxable fees are being included in the original transaction purchase total and a GEC is required to properly record these fees separately. The creation of the new object code will allow campus to implement this separation at the time the transaction is processed.
5535 - Purchasing Card Fees: To be used on processing fees associated with purchases made using a PCard, such as international fees and vendor processing. Fees are not subject to sales and use tax. NOTE: This object code is NOT to be used for any non-PCard related fees.
Can I use eDoc number as a searchable criteria on PCard Reports?
Do I need to write the Transaction Id number or the eDoc number on original receipts/documents for submission?
Should airline transactions be marked as tax-exempt?
Can the PCard be used at Costco?
What type Exam and/or Training Requirements are there for the PCard Program?
- Liaison(s) are required to completed the PCard Exam in UAccess Learning to be added into the role for a Department.
- PCard Applications and Transfers (Cardholder Requirements)
- Adding any enhancement to an existing PCard (Cardholder Requirements)
- Liaison and/or Reconciler Role (Liaison and Reconciler Requirements)
The Elevated Security Priv. Training is now an annual requirement.**
- The Elev. Security Priv. Training is required to be added into any PCard Role: Liaison or Reconciler.
- The Elev. Security Priv. Training is required for NEW Applications and Transfers.
Due to the retirement of the Elevated Privileges training, the PCard Program now requires PCard Cardholders, PCard Liaisons and PCard Reconcilers to take the new Certification: Information Security Awareness.
The PCard Office is working to update all of the documentation and forms to this new requirement which is currently in effect. The training, available in UAccess Learning, must be renewed annually. If the training has already been taken and is still active, no action is needed at this time.
Please direct questions concerning PCard training to Customer Service at 520-626-9091 or email@example.com.
What is the difference between a disputable transaction and a fraudulent transaction?
A Disputable transactions are Merchant Errors or errors in billing between the merchant and cardholder. Some examples include: multiple billing, billing wrong amount, billing without receiving merchandise, billing on a canceled order.
Fraud is defined as unauthorized transaction(s) made with a lost, stolen, compromised or counterfeit card/ card number.
Does the University have an Amazon Business Account?
- When completing the set up of your Individual PCard within the University Amazon Business Program through the PCard Administration Office invitation, the First Name/Last Name fields must be established to match the First Name/Last Name listed on your individual PCard.
What if Fraudulent Transaction is discovered and you are unable to reach the PCard Staff and it's after normal business hours?
- Contact JPMorgan Chase Customer Service at 800-270-7760, they will assist in cancellation/reissuance of PCard.
- Also contact PCard Customer Service at 520-626-9091 and leave a message with all the details.
- The PCard Office will contact you with additional steps necessary depending on the type of PCard issued (Individual or Department PCard).
What Analytics report should I run in lieu of the PCard Statement?
How can I quickly look up my department's PCard(s) in UAccess Financials?
- In UAccess Financials: Click on the Accounting tab (make sure Reference and Administration box just below Search Bar are checked). Click ‘Procurement Cardholder Defaults'
- Alternative option: Type ‘Procurement’ in Search Bar. Click ‘Procurement Cardholder De-faults’ (not PCard, or Purchasing). Enter Default Org code. Search.
- In Analytics: you can also look up this information (Keep in mind this is a day delayed from UAccessFinancials) Financial > General -Purchasing Card > Cardholders Tab > enter your criteria i.e. last 4 digits, Organization Name, Reconciler Group Name, Cardholder Name) use the Cardholder Profile Report
What types of Card Enhancements are available on the PCard?
- PCard Plus: Code 954
- Business Meetings, Business Entertainment, Employee Farewell, Employee Recognition/Service Awards
- Travel Enhancement: Code 957
- Employee Travel and Non-Employee Travel
- Hotel Enhancement: Code 960
- Employee Hotel only-refer to Policy 6.3 Note: Travel Enhancement is also required to add Hotel Enhancement.
Regarding unallowable tips exceeding 20% Is this pre-tax or post-tax?
Reference: Policy 9.10 Requisitions/Reimbursements
My PCard is expiring soon, do I need to contact the bank?
Does JP Morgan Chase require my Social Security Number when activating my PCard?
My PCard has the PCard Plus Enhancement on it, but it declined when I was booking a meeting room at a hotel or having a Business Meeting at Restaurant. Why did this happen?
- Hotel is a separate enhancement. Merchant Category Codes is blocked unless hotel is added on PCard. Contact PCard Customer Service at 520-626-9091 for assistance.
- Some hotel restaurants code themselves as hotels which is why this declined.
- Note: Make sure that any contract requiring a signature has been reviewed and approved by Procurement & Contracting Services.
Who should my department contact if they would like to purchase their own departmental Costco Membership?
What should I do with my PCard if I am going to be out on extended leave, or vacation?
- If you are an Individual PCard cardholder, contact your department Liaison and request they have your PCard placed on a temporary hold until you return to work.
- If you are the Responsible Cardholder of a Department PCard, ask your Liaison to complete a transfer form assigning someone new as the Responsible Cardholder. Another transfer form will be required to change responsible cardholder status back to you upon your return.
After faxing over a Delete Form do I need to mail the original to the PCard Office?
When is the billing cycle date and when will my limits refresh?
- If the 6th is on a Saturday, the billing cycle date changes to Monday the 8th.
- If the 6th is on a Sunday, the billing cycle date changes to Monday the 7th.
- The limit refresh date is on the day following the billing cycle date.
Does the PCard Office conduct on-site Department Refresher Policy Trainings?
Can a student or part-time employee get a PCard?
Can I let another employee use my Individual PCard?
Can a Department PCard be checked out to Non-University employee?
What are the differences of: an Individual PCard and a Department PCard?
- An Individual PCard is an Individual credit card in the employee’s name to be used for University business expenses that are directly paid from University funds.
- A Department PCard is a transferable credit card (via proper forms) in the name of the department to be used for University business related expenses that are directly paid from University funds.
Can I use a Sponsored Projects Services account on a PCard Transaction?
- Note: Sponsored Project account numbers cannot be used as defaults.
- Note: Sponsored Project account numbers cannot be used on PCard Plus transactions.